COVID-19 Information For Traders
COVID-19 Information for businesses – Lockdown 3
4 Jan 2021 – The Prime Minister has announced a National lockdown: Stay at Home
Because Coronavirus cases are rising rapidly across the country, the Prime Minister announced that all non-essential businesses must close, and we should all stay at home. The statement was not dissimilar to that of the national lockdown last March. During this lockdown, Andover BID remains operational and will continue to provide a business support service keeping you informed of relevant and timely information. A full range of business support measures have been made available to businesses to support them through the COVID-19 pandemic. This page has been created to keep Andover BID levy payers fully informed with the latest advice, information and support available.
Information for the public can also be found here https://www.inandover.co.uk/coronavirus/
Find out what you can and cannot do.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR CLOSED BUSINESSES (RETAIL, HOSPITALITY & LEISURE)
Supporting businesses through this period, chancellor Rishi Sunak has announced £4.6bn of grants to be made available through local authorities who will be allocated finance to allocate to eligible closed businesses.
£4,000 for businesses with a R/V of £15,000 or under
£6,000 for businesses with a R/V between £15,000 and £51,000
£9,000 for businesses with a R/V of over £51,000
A £594m discretionary fund is also being made available to support other businesses affected by the lockdown. As with the other grant funding, you’ll need to apply through your local authority. For Andover this will be through Test Valley Borough Council and we will let you know when they have received their funding and the website is open for applications.
INANDOVER VIDEO PRODUCED BY BID AND PERSONALISED TO YOUR BUSINESS
Following a series of our videos produced over the last two months, we are offering your business the opportunity to have a short personalised video, whether retail, leisure, hospitality or professional services. Let us interview you, understand how your business works, how your customer can access you, i.e. website, click & collect, delivery and we will create a short video (about 2 mins) telling your customers what you can offer and how to contact you. We will post it on Facebook and YouTube driving orders/enquiries to your website. In just a few weeks these videos have attracted thousands of views. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9QZv3JZDRc6L11RJ6WJkg/videos
If you would like us to do this, please contact us: email@example.com
LOCAL SUPPORT FOR BUSINESSES
News Updates: Visit our news pages for the latest COVID-19 news and information updates.
Shop Andover: Now, more than ever, it’s vital we all do our very best to shop local. To save our town centre, local people need to shop in Andover. To help local people reach businesses easily, we’ve put a list of businesses open in Andover town centre. See the list here.
GOVERNMENT FUNDING FOR BUSINESSES NOW AVAILABLE
Please note that Government funding is now available through two grants:
LRG (Local Restrictions Grant) – this is a mandatory grant available to all businesses that meet the grant criteria.
ARG (Additional Restrictions Grant) – This is a grant where TVBC can make a discretionary payment based on the individual circumstances and application.
Applications are now open and you must apply online through TVBC through this link https://www.testvalley.gov.uk/business/covid-19-national-lockdown-business-grant-schemes
Remember, a grant does not have to be paid back. Andover BID will continue to keep you fully informed of appropriate COVID-19 information as it is made available.
GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES
The UK Government has published COVID Secure guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Guidance on restrictions for businesses from 5th November
- New national restrictions from 5th November
- Working safely during coronavirus
- Guidance for close contact services (hairdressers, beauticians, massage therapists etc)
- Guidance for shops and branches
- Guidance for restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- Guidance for offices
- Guidance for working in other people’s homes
- Guidance for hotels and guest accommodation
- Guidance for the visitor economy (accommodation, attractions, events etc)
HOW TO REPORT A CASE OF COVID-19
Public Heath England (PHE) has released guidance for how businesses report a positive case of coronavirus. The information provides key steps to quickly identify and contain any potential COVID-19 outbreak.
Click here to find out what you need to do to report a case of coronavirus in your business and manage a possible outbreak.
NATIONAL SUPPORT SCHEMES FOR BUSINESSES
Use this helpful business support finder tool from Government to see what support is available to your business.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough Scheme)
- Business Rate Relief
- Bounce Back Loans
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Test & trace income support payment
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- Safer travel and guidance for passengers
- Face coverings guidance
- Rules that have been relaxed to help businesses during the pandemic
- Government Coronavirus Business Blog
- ACAS information for employees and employers
- HMRC Coronavirus helpline
- NHS public advice
- UK Hospitality advice
- Mental health advice guidance
- List of key workers
- Cyber advice for businesses
- CIPD Furlough FAQs
- Royal Mail, Post Office & eBay online retailers lockdown tips
GET IN TOUCH
We hope to continue to support the resilience, innovation and duty of care of our BID levy payers, in the toughest of circumstances.
We’re keen to hear of any concerns from all our levy payers so we can help address them, and to hear of any initiatives you have put in place so we can spread the word to local businesses. Please do get in touch with us.
Specific Andover BID Plans
We are putting in place a range of initiatives to support our members:
• Keep you abreast of government support as it is made available, also provide clear and simple details on how to access help.
• A designated COVID-19 information page on our InAndover website, update with useful business information at one click of a button. https://www.inandover.co.uk/coronavirus/
• Provide a directory of essential businesses able to remain open, also businesses with an online, delivery or click & collect facility.
• Promote your business using our social media channels, In Andover, PR, and other methods.
• Provide specialist business advice where requested.
Safety & Security
Our town centre Ranger Service is operating throughout lockdown and our Rangers can carry out the following
• Routine checks on all vacant business premises (They can contact business directly to inform them of matters such as property damage, a flood, an alarm sounding. Please let us have a contact name and number should this happen).
• Assist those essential stores with crowd control, shoplifting and support.
• Provide public reassurance for shoppers coming into town.
• Be the eyes and ears to report back to Police on those not following lockdown rules.
Digital high street programme
• We are working on a digital high street plan to support businesses that wish to have an on-line presence and will be maximising the use of our social media channels to ensure that customers know how to contact you if your business is trading during the period.
• Exploring delivering a live Andover local shopping channel, initially promoting up to three top selling products per business.
BID also plans
• A campaign for coming out of Lockdown to encourage people back to the town centre including a programme of promotions and events.
• Regular reminders to people of why they should support local business.
• A collaborative events approach when we return to public promotions.