Research & Response Behind The BID
Over the past 12 months, extensive research has been carried out looking into the core improvement priorities for Andover town centre. This research has demonstrated that a Business Improvement District could provide projects of real value and make a substantial difference over the next five years.
Over 207 written responses to the consultation from businesses with RV of over £5,000
- One-to-one interviews
- Final consultation document sent locally and to head offices
What Did Businesses In Andover Prioritise In Our Research?
On a scale of 0-10 (0 being the lowest 10 being the highest), how much are these issues a concern for you as a business?
- Cost of parking: 5.46
- Availability of public transport and parking: 3.56
- The appearance of vacant units: 7.13
- The perception of the town centre as a destination: 7.38
- Staff recruitment and retention: 4.64
- The quality of the urban environment (e.g. highways, street furniture, flower beds etc): 4.20
- Crime and safety: 5.97
- The quality and frequency of events in the town centre: 5.79
- Connecting the evening and daytime economies: 5.87